Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Fairystone Cabin's Greatest Hits


Have you ever noticed how a setting or a place can determine the kind of music you listen to? Go to a fine dining restaurant and you may hear classical music being piped in. Head to the ocean and some people put an oldies station on their radios. Working out at the gym might mean rock music is in the air.

Log Cabin Music

When I drive to the Fairystone Cabin and the Crooked Road area, I suddenly have an incredible hankerin’ for country and bluegrass. The closer I get, the more I turn up the volume. I’m not sure if it’s the feeling a log cabin gives me or if it’s the region’s unrivaled music tradition. To me, the cabin means great American music. So, why not create a soundtrack---a greatest hits of log cabin music?

Check out the Landing Page

While trying to learn more about blogging the other night, I came across a gadget that allows bloggers to put music on their web pages. I immediately thought of the classic songs I enjoy when I’m at the cabin. So, today I introduce the Fairystone Cabin’s Greatest Hits. If you’re on the landing page of the blog, the list is on the right side of the page. Click on any of the titles and you can hear a snippet of the song.

The Request Line is Open

If you have any suggestions of songs you like to hear when you hang out in a cabin, please let me know. I’ll be happy to change the music on the Greatest Hits list from time to time. The current list features country songs. I may have to start working on a bluegrass list, too. The Fairystone Cabin is an extremely special place. It not only means relaxation, hiking, and spending time with family. But it also means great music---whether inside the cabin or in the many surrounding communities. Turn up the volume!

No comments:

Post a Comment