Thursday, March 26, 2009

Blues Traveler, Floydfest and Rain


I was visiting the Floydfest 8 web site this evening and was surprised and excited to see that Blues Traveler will be performing at the event this July. That's a pretty big name for Floydfest, a four-day concert (in Floyd, of course) that often showcases lesser-known, but excellent, musicians and bands.

Here's the link to the Floydfest 8 web site: http://atwproductions.com/index.php?pr=ffhome.

If you are unfamiliar with Floyfest, I recommend checking out its site. After hearing about it for years, I finally attended the Woodstock-like concert for the first time last summer. My 14-year-old daughter and I went to the Friday night activities---it runs from Thursday through Sunday. It's so cool to see all those people, all ages, hanging out and going from stage to stage listening to live bluegrass, country, acoustic, and other music. With the mountains as the backdrop it makes for a terrific experience.

I'm so psyched! After work tomorrow, I'm heading to the cabin for the weekend. It looks like rain but there's a chance I can squeeze in an early morning hike Saturday. If not, there is nothing more relaxing than listening to the rain falling on the roof of a log cabin. Rain or shine, I figure I'll be happy.

One of my favorite activities at the cabin is listening to Blue Ridge Backroads live from the Rex Theatre on Blue Ridge Country 98.1 FM on Friday nights. http://www.blueridgecountry98.com/

A bluegrass concert broadcast live on a radio station. You don't find that in many places. One more thing that makes the Fairystone area so special.

Have a great weekend. Enjoy the music and the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment